Monday, May 16, 2016

Three Baptisms!

Elder Jacob Stiles 
El Salvador San Salvador West/Belize Mission 
P.O. Box 1123 
Belize City, Belize, C.A. 

jacob.stiles@myldsmail.net

Hey Everyone,

I guess I'll mention the most positive first... Yesterday Loraine, Miguel, and Wendel got baptized, and Frank got confirmed!  Loraine is the mother of Miguel, and they were both so excited for baptism!  They have been coming to all the activities and church each week.  Wendel is the son of a recent convert named Iris, who is from Honduras.  She just went back to Honduras to bring back Wendel so he could be baptized.  So it was a very happy week and it's just going to get better!

This week we have found even more people that will be ready to be baptized.  We found three boys whose parent are member.  The mom doesn't go anymore, and their father died.  Their names are Orin, Jammal, and Laman... and, yes, just like  the Laman in The Book of Mormon... kind of interesting name choice but still works!  So we are hoping to baptize three more people by the end of this month.

So here is a miracle I heard of this last week.  Over in Cayo, in San Ignacio, a man by the name of Albert Neal got baptized.  He now has the Priesthood and is doing some amazing work in San Ignacio.  When they first told me his name it sounded so familiar but I didn't know from where.  Then Elder Blair was telling me about him and mentioned that he has six fingers... and then it hit me.  He was one of the first people I taught with Elder Reyes, and was supposed to get baptized but then just moved away!  So crazy that he was able to find the church again after so long!

We also learned some new Kriol words.  We learned that Idle means that you are mischievous.  Facey is that you take things without permission (less offensive then Teef or Thief). And if you want to say something looks like something else then you can say "this thing Favors that thing".  

It was a good week, and I just want to say I'm so grateful for the person who sent Elder Blair Chik-Fil-A sauce!  A good reminder of home!  I love all of you!

Elder Stiles 

QUESTIONS:

What miracles happened this week?  
Well we found one girl that was supposed to get baptized a year ago and the only reason why she didn't is because she moved and didn't find the missionaries again.


What crazy stuff happened this week?  My comp fell off the bridge (the sketchy one) that I sent a pic of.

What is something you learned about Elder Blair?  I learned that he takes just as long as you (mom) to take his turn in Monopoly deal! and that he has 2 different color eyes!

What are you doing today for P-Day?  We are just going to hang out here at the Adam's house because they are making us food!


It's good that you spent some time with Granny! Hope she is still there when I get back! Go strong Granny!! Hope everything is going well with you guys!

(Click on Photos to Enlarge)











No comments:

Post a Comment