Monday, August 31, 2015

Ummm, Huge Spiders!

jacob.stiles@myldsmail.net 
While you're reading this just remember that Jake has always HATED spiders! Angie

QUESTIONS:

Tell me more about Elder Reyes and his family?  Elder Reyes live on the beach and his mom and bro are members of the church. I don't really know much because he doesn't talk much about his life back at home.

Do you have air conditioning in your house? Our house does not have an air conditioner. 

Is it just as hot and humid there in Belize? Yeah, it's hot and humid here.  It's like an oven but it's alright because we are on bikes.

Have you seen any cool animals? Well there are giant lizards that live in our backyard, but other than that no.

Have you found any investigators to teach? We have found lots of new people but the people are so relaxed here that sometimes it's hard for them to keep commitments.

What are the members like?  The members are super cool! A lot of them have moved from the US to here but all of them have really cool stories and they are all very different!

THE STORY:


Well I realized that I have lost 15 lbs in El Salvador but I'm sure I'll be gaining it back anytime now that we are on bikes.  The Coke is addicting here.. The first time I was told that I was like "oh whatever" but it is so much better here!  It's made with actual sugar and it's really good.

I've noticed that now when I talk it's so different.. I have started saying "I have hunger" and "what hour is there" because that's how it's said in Spanish translated. Also here they say "that's why" all the time. Even when it doesn't make any sense they just say it and I've already started saying it. I have also started saying "That's nice" instead of "good". So instead of saying the food was good you say it was nice. They also say "next" instead of "other". and "drop" instead of "fall".  So when I come back I hope I'm not too weird.

The one picture of the kids is from an investigators house and his kids. The next one is with our bikes and our dog "Charlie".  He's not really our dog he just hangs out on our porch all the time. To strengthen our district we played Chubby Bunny where you basically try and fit as many marshmallows in your mouth as possible.  I think I only got 9 but it was really hard. The next pic is of us in zone meeting and then the spider!.... We were in the church with all the members and my companion noticed this tarantula and it was huge!!! Now I have a hard time thinking cause I feel like they are under my bed... The next pic is of Fish Head Soup.. When I first saw it I didn't know what I was going to say, but now that I've been on my mission this kind of stuff doesn't bother me anymore and it was actually really nice! I also got the package and it was really awesome.  I loved the ties and all the snacks!  Nutella is like Gold here because its like $15 here.

But yeah, that was the week. We met lots of new people and have been working really hard! They messed up on changes which are tomorrow so I already know who my comp is... Welcome Elder Leslie to Santa Elena! We're going to kill it here!


That's all for now! Thanks for all the love and support! I love you all!

Elder Stiles!

(click on photos to enlarge)









No comments:

Post a Comment