Monday, July 4, 2016

Chicken & Bat Poop

Elder Jacob Stiles 
El Salvador San Salvador/Belize Mision
Apartado Postal #81
Correos Multiplaza, S.S.
San Salvador, El Salvador, C.A.

jacob.stiles@myldsmail.net

Hey Everyone,

Wow, what an interesting week!  We spent Monday getting to know the area. We got ice cream, and had a family home evening with a lady from Indiana named Becky.  She was super funny, and we had an awesome lesson.  On Tuesdays we teach an English class.  For the advanced class we have about 6-8 kids show up to practice.  This week we practiced how to do a job interview.  In our ward we have members that feed us lunch and dinner just about every single day and it's the best because all of their food tastes so good.

Now the sad part about this story is that... I got sick... Yes! Again!  Sometimes I think to myself that I've been sick my whole mission.  I got sick with an intestinal infection due to something not because of the food... but to Chickens and Bats!!  Yes, ladies and gentlemen, we have chickens and bats that live at our house and poop everywhere!  But it's all good because I am feeling better and we get to look for a new house!  Woo Hoo!  

Now to the bright side, well sad too, but I'm sad because President and Sister Hintze are gone :(  But the good news is that President and Sister Adams are here!  They are so awesome and we had a multi-zone conference with them in San Salvador!  Super amazing couple and we can feel they have a love for the Gospel.  They talked to us a lot about the Book of Mormon and the importance of it.  In Preach my gospel I've learned so much about the Book of Mormon it's crazy. 

This week we worked really hard and really used our time wisely.  We don't have any baptisms for this weekend but next week we should have at least two.  We were able to bring six people to church, and our zone brought 33 investigators which is spectacular!  The miracle this week was a friend of a member came to us and wants to be baptized ASAP.  So we will be working with her this week!

With Love, 
Elder Stiles

QUESTIONS:

What are other towns near you?  Well I don't really know the towns really but we live in Ciudad Arce. La esperanza is just the name of our ward. Santa Lucia is kinda close

Do you have hot water, showers, air conditioning (I'm guessing no a/c)?  We do have showers but nothing else :(

What is something new you learned about Elder Smith?  He can say, "Have you already eaten your rice?" in Cantonese, and he is the best singer I have heard in the mission.

(click on photos to enlarge)

The view from our house 

Chinese good luck cat that I got from Belize in a Chinese shop




No comments:

Post a Comment