Monday, June 13, 2016

Adios Hintzes'

Elder Jacob Stiles 
El Salvador San Salvador West/Belize Mission 
P.O. Box 1123 
Belize City, Belize, C.A.

jacob.stiles@myldsmail.net

Hey Everyone,

Well this week was full of us working hard as well as hardly working.  To start off the week we got pants made for us by a member we met that used to live in Guatemala.  He gave us a really good deal.  The reason we got them was for President Hintze and Sister Hintze's last Multi-Zone Conference with us.  We had an awesome time with them and it really impacted us!  It was really long but we learned a lot.  My favorite quote Sister Hintze shared with us was from Ezra Taft Benson which says, "When obedience ceases to be an irritant and becomes our quest, in that moments God will endow us with power."  That really applies here in the mission work, but also works well for anyone trying to find people to share the Gospel with.

We have also been helping a boy named Jermain Anderson to fill out his mission papers.  He is such an awesome kid.  We got most of the stuff finished, now he just has to get his medical stuff taken care of.  Hopefully we can get it all worked out soon.  

We also helped Frank with some of his homework.  It turns out his grandpa is a really good artist and has the whole inside of his house painted.  Things like waterfalls and big lions.  We have been teaching the families of Franks's friends which has been an amazing opportunity.  We did a marshmallow night with all the less active members to help them all coming to church again.

Now the hardly working part... Last week I talked about how I had an ingrown toenail.  Well, I went to go buy more meds but the pharmacist said I shouldn't buy more until I went to the doctor.  So the next day I went to the doctor and he said it was infected, and the only think I could do was to get it removed.  So that's what they did!  They stuck me with a needle and put the numbing stuff in my toe that felt like lava entering into my toe.  Then they ripped up my toe and took the nail off.  It ended up not being as bad as I thought because I think I got the two most sarcastic and comedic doctors in Belize.  They told me I would cry the whole time, and that they would possibly have to strap me down. 

So there we go... Lot of people to teach but only have half my nail!

Love you guys! Thanks! Elder Stiles

Questions from Kaden:

Do all the dogs there have diseases?   Well all the dogs are pretty sick all the time but there are some nice looking ones too!

Do the dogs have collars?  no I don't think any of them have collars.

If a guy was rich there, how much money would he have?  I don't know how much he would have... things are cheaper down here so probably not a whole lot but still a good amount.

(click on photos to enlarge)

Frank


Sister Hintze

Elder and sister Studibaker

Elder and sister Adams


"Hey if your looking for more crazy adventures go and check out Sister Loli's blog! http://sisterloli.blogspot.com/ "  Jake

Sister Alcantera

Elder Blair & Elder Stiles in their new pants made by the Guatemalan Member

Kriol Name Badges

A Little Surgery


The Carolina & The Mejia Family



No comments:

Post a Comment