Monday, April 18, 2016

San Pedro Island

Elder Jacob Stiles 
El Salvador San Salvador West/Belize Mission 
P.O. Box 1123 
Belize City, Belize, C.A. 

jacob.stiles@myldsmail.net

Hey Everyone,

This week was filled with lots of hard work.  Here in the mission we have to have had our investigators go to church three times before they can be baptized.  This was the last week we could find new people to baptize before the change is over.  So lots of hard work!  

Tuesday we did interchanges with the Island of San Pedro.  I stayed on the mainland, but afterwards I got to go pick the other missionaries up by boat, and that is the most beautiful water that I've ever seen in my life.  And I did teach someone there so I guess that means I have served in three countries, and an island.  The boat ride was the coolest thing, but you only last about 20 minutes before you pass out asleep.

This Wednesday my companion and I were in charge of Family Home Evening at the church.  I had made a powerpoint of the Minute To Win It games.  We had no idea how it was going to go but it ended up being amazing!  We did head to head games, and everyone went so crazy for it.  The Adams helped so much with everything!  I don't think we could have done it without them.  We are planning on doing it each week to bring investigators, members, and less active people closer together.  We are planning on doing Karaoke this week so hopefully we get a lot of people to come!

We are teaching a kid named Wendel.  He is a kid who's mom is a member but he has been living in Honduras for the last three years.  So his mom brought him back so he could get baptized.  The first thing he told us was, "I wanna get baptized!"  He lives in a small shack.  You have to walk across little boards that are over a trash filled marsh to get to it.  It's super sketchy but we haven't fallen in yet!

We thought we were going to have a baptism on Sunday but she never showed up.  We were at the church all day because the font takes forever to fill up.  There were things going on so we couldn't leave it there full with all the kids running around.  

But that's all for now!

Love, Jake!

(Click on Photos to Enlarge)

























No comments:

Post a Comment