Monday, June 15, 2015

Focusing on Service

Hey Everyone,

OK here is a spiritual experience we had - We were walking down the road and it was right after someone talked to us and we saw this lady.  She said that she has been waiting for us and wants us to come teach her and the only way we would of found her is that we had an impression to go a different way than usual. Things you can do is to help is just invite families to church and make sure the missionaries know.  Literally anybody that you think might want the gospel let the missionaries know and they will be more than happy to teach them. Also, If you can go out and accompany them during there lessons so investigators can see we are normal people. Sis. Ayala that contacted you on FB one of my baptisms.  Their family is super cool! They were super excited that you responded and they thought your Spanish was super good! We haven't moved into our new house. We will do it tomorrow.

This week was pretty good! My last day with Elder G. we went and played baseball with an investigator.  We just played with a stick they found and a plastic ball. We only played a little bit till one of the kids hit a line drive right into my eye... and it was kinda sucky.  OK, this next part might not be appropriate, haha -  we learned that the remedy to help this is to put breast milk into your eye so that was interesting to figure out.

Then we had changes! This was really cool because I got to see and talk to Elder Moore about his experience in Belize and the mission. We had the 2nd most baptisms in the mission and we also got a picture of the family we baptized! My new comp is Elder Calero and he is from Honduras and yes, he does speak Spanish. But its really good because my Spanish is good enough that I can talk to him. But we get along really good!

The next few days we helped a man move out of the house that we moving in.  Then the next day we lifted 500 cinder blocks up into the house of another member.  So this next week we're really focusing on doing service for people.


Love, Elder Stiles 


This is a conversation that Jake and I had today while he was emailing - It's a Winner.
Jake: My last day with elder G. we went and played baseball with an investigator and we just played with a stick they found and a plastic ball. We only played a little bit till one of the kids hit a line drive right into my eye... and it was kinda sucky but this next part might not be appropriate haha. We learned that the remedy to help this is to put breast milk into your eye so that was interesting to figure out.

Mom:  Your breast milk story is awesome!  As an ophthalmic technician for the past 25 year I must say that I have some considerable experience and have never heard of that remedy. However,  if it might work than go for it!  I'm dying to know if you put breast milk in your eye??  Tell me if you did!

Jake:  haha yeah it does work... haha honestly the one of the weirdest thing that's ever happened and at first I told her no but she was honestly pissed that i didn't want her breast milk in my eye.... but yes i did it... :)
Mom: OK, so did she squirt it into a bottle first or did she squirt it in straight from her nipple??? 
Jake : haha nope she put her nipple right over my eyeball... the only thing I saw was milk coming out of her nipple....

(Click on Photos to Enlarge)









No comments:

Post a Comment