Monday, January 11, 2016

No! Not the Nutella!

Hey Everyone,

Well first off all my flights and everything went super awesome until I got to the front gate and I had to tell the Customs Officer where I was staying... and I had no idea... There wasn't much that I could do about it.   I couldn't call anyone and nobody was there to help me so finally I just asked him if he knew where the Temple was and I told him I was staying there.  I'm just glad that he didn't know that people don't stay at the temple!  I spent the day with the AP's and after I was able to meet my companion!  His name is Elder Freeman and he is from Alpine, Utah!  After we got all of our bags packed for Belize we went out to go eat at a restaurant called "Greengo American Diner" which was actually pretty good! 

As I packed my bag before we left I put the two giant packages of Nutella in my carry on thinking that it would be ok... Turns out that it is not ok... I tried my best to just keep it and when they finally figured out that it wasn't a bomb they let me keep it!  I was so happy after that!  

We are staying in a pretty nice house which is cool.  It's super big and last night I was too cold and I had to turn my fan off.  I am in the area of San Ignacio, Belize.   Right next to my old area!  We will be here for probably only 5 weeks before they take us out and just split me and my comp up.  But while we're here we are doing work.  Yesterday we were in church and it's like half Spanish and half English.  So when we sang, half the people sang English and half sang Spanish, so it really had no rhythm. 

I am now senior companion in this relationship so I kind of have to take charge now.  It's cool showing someone who is new around Belize because they try everything for the first time.  We will be going to a Mayan Ruin today called Cahal Pech.  It's right in our area.  I should be able to send some pretty cool photos next time.   If there is anything that you would like me to take a picture of, or would like to see about Belize just let me know! 

There are not very many Rosta men in our area so the pictures of them wearing the BYU shirts will be later!  I love my jump rope that I got and it's a really good work out!  Well that's about it for this week. 

The pictures are of a weird Book of Mormon, me and Elder Freeman, the M&M's that I'm eating at the moment, El Salvador outside, and Belize outside.
Love, Elder Stiles 


(click on photos to enlarge)

Elder Freeman and me




On our way to Belize




The M&M's I'm eating right now.

Outside El Salvador

Book of Mormon from another country (just not sure which one).

Houses of Belize





House made of trees & sticks


No comments:

Post a Comment