Monday, March 28, 2016

Big News

Elder Jacob Stiles 
El Salvador San Salvador West/Belize Mission 
P.O. Box 1123 
Belize City, Belize, C.A. 

jacob.stiles@myldsmail.net


Hey Everyone, 

Well I'll start off with the big news first...  This whole change I was led to believe that I was going to stay as District Leader for another change here in Bullet Tree but  turns out that I will be packing my bags for, duh, duh, duhhh... Belize City Zone Leader with Elder Simiskey!  Which means even later nights, and an even hotter area!  Elder Tuchan will stay here to be D.L. over the missionaries here.  I'm super excited to go to Belize City because everyone wants to go there and it is a blessed place.

This week was a very slow week because it was Semana Santa.  All the businesses are closed and everybody is gone.  Monday we ate at a restaurant that had a dog next door that would jump really high to look over the fence at us.  We did service for a lot of people.  We helped stack wood, separate beans, and washed lots of dishes.  

This weekend consisted of Sabado de Gloria and Domingo de Resurrecion.  On Friday the stores weren't even allowed to be open because of the holiday and they have to show respect.  The Catholics are the ones that mostly celebrate this time and the people carry around a giant cross while singing hymns.

We showed Meet the Mormons to celebrate Easter with the branch.  My companion learned to sew.  A little was baptized.  Her family is members and it was a very cool experience.

I would like to bear my testimony that I know this church is true and that is was restored by the Prophet Joseph Smith.  I also know that Jesus Christ lives and that he suffered for all of our pains, afflictions, and our sins.  I also know that missionaries are called of God through a living Prophet.  I know and I testify that it doesn't matter who you are you can change and become a better person.  I know I am not perfect but I do my best to be so.  I also know it is a commandment to go on a mission and that the mission was the best thing to ever happen to me.  The Gospel of Jesus Christ has changed my life, and I'm glad to have it in my life.  I say these things in the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Love, Elder Stiles

QUESTIONS:
When you have to speak/teach in church do you speak in English or Spanish? I talk in Spanish her in Bullet Tree.

What miracle happened this week?  A Miracle was that we found a little boy named Kevin whose family is members and now he wants to be Baptized!


What have you learned the most by being District Leader?  I have learned that being a leader is hard but its worth being able to help other missionaries achieve their Goals.

What did you do Sunday for Easter?  We Just worked as normal and then watched Meet the Mormons with the members.


How many Deacons/Teachers/Priests do you have at church?  Well we have 3 young men and the rest are older people that help with sacrament

(click on images to enlarge)

Eating dinner with the Zone

Separating Beans

Movie Night with the Members

Catholic Painting made from Sawdust

Catholics carrying Cross

Elder Tuchan learning to Crochet

Kira Williams



Bullet Tree



No comments:

Post a Comment